Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Check out these WEBSITES!

Sorry about the delay,

I've been having some complications getting onto this blog. It seems that I have so many passwords and UserAccounts to remember that I can't seem to keep any of them straight anymore! Anyway, here's a little-blog action from LAST WEEK! Expect a new blog soon! :)

Alright, soo...

One of my great friends, Erica, gave this FABULOUS class presentation about different "tech websites" that are available for teachers..well, anyone really-to use, and I CANNOT NOT talk about them! I've checked out a few already, and they're just GREAT! Here's a "low-down" on some of the latest...

"Delicious" is a website that acts as a "bookmarking/favorites" resource for individuals to use NO MATTER WHICH COMPUTER THEY ARE ON! This is an "online, all-access favorites panel!" I just created a link...it's so great! If you go to www.delicious.com and register, you'll be well on your way to creating one of the MOST RESOURCEFUL sites EVER!! In fact, you can even import your OLD favorites from your personal computer to your "delicious" site!!

Another great site is "Gliffy." Gliffy acts as an online "Inspiration" site. Individuals are invited to create graphic organizers and outlines to arrange information for ALL AGES! Log on and check out some of the fun pictures, tools, and resources that are available!

Erica also listed off some other great resources:
  • "Ugma" is a webiste similar to "Skipe," an online video/chatting streaming.
  • "EdHub" is a website oriented towards classrooms of the future.
  • gateworkshop.wikispaces.com also provides TONS of additional great website information!

So what are you still reading for? Go out there and START PERSONALIZING these sites! It really seems like the options are limitless with all these great resources! :)

Until next time...

MJ :)

1 comment:

tinasblog said...

I loved these websites, and I am so happy Erica gave them to us in her class presentation! Delicious was my favorite one. I am always book marking sites on my home computer but when I find sites I love in the computer center I would have to e-mail it to myself or write it down and hope I didn’t miss place it. But, now that I have created a delicious page I’ll never have that problem again. AND I was so happy that I could import my old favorite from my home computer on to my delicious page. Thanks so much Erica for sharing this site with us!