Thursday, October 11, 2007

check out these videos!!

Hey everyone!

Alright, so, here's so greatest, latest news in the Educational Technology Class! Over the past few days, we have been exploring some KILLER resource websites that teachers can use inside of the classroom. These websites are INCREDIBLE!! For example, one website, "United Streaming" has outstanding classroom videos of ALL SORTS! Teachers can choose grade levels, subjects, entire videos, or even clippets of videos!! OH, and also, many of the videos come with study guides and quizzes that correspond with the videos. It's really great. For those of you education majors at Albright, just type in "Albright" for your username and your password and check out the site! You'll be hooked!

United Streaming: www.unitedstreaming.com

Another great site is "Ethemes." This site, likewise, is phenomenal.
Maybe you have no idea how to start a fourth grade social studies unit?
Maybe you need math lesson plan ideas?
Maybe you need worksheets?
Quizzes?
Tips?
Strategies?
Media resources?
Need I really say more?

This is definitely a resource that all teachers need! Lots of times, it is very frustrating when a teacher is unable to find a reliable "lesson plan" source. No worries anymore! This site really has it all! It's definitely worth taking a close look at! :)

Stay posted for more great resources! For now, it's time to get back to that homework!
Talk to you all soon!

:)

3 comments:

lmb091 said...

Hey MJ!
I completely agree with you about the amazing websites we learned this week!!! How great and useful are they?!? Like today in class, I personally learned about Rubistar... I wish I would have know about this website for Place's class! But anyways.. I hope you have a great fall break and I will see you on Wednesday!!!
-Lisa

spidermonkey said...

United streaming is awesome!!! I used that website for my science unit last semester and it has the best movies. I love how it has worksheets and quizzes. This website is so cool and a must use for education majors.
~~Brandy

Justine said...

Hey MJ,

I can't believe how much unitedstreaming does have to offer! I never knew that we could get the standards, study guides, and quizzes for the videos! Another website I didn't know was out there was the rubistar. I plan on using that site A LOT more. I feel like I learn soooooo much important things in this tech. class than I have since I started education classes!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Justine